Thursday, March 13, 2014

14 years...

March 11 is our wedding anniversary.  14 years ago we began this great adventure.  What a wild ride it has been.  So full of God's goodness.  Amazing things, miraculous events, God moments and good times abound.  Hard times have abounded as well.  ALL have been for His great glory and I wouldn't change any of it for the world.

I remember being 15 or 16 and having boy trouble.  I remembering praying one time, "God, just show me his face.  Just show me a glimpse of the man you have planned for me to marry.  If I can just have one peek then I'll be content knowing he's out there.  I'll wait patiently until he comes and stop messing with all these other clowns."

I should have just been content to wait, without a peek.  I should have waited patiently with no guarantees.  If I'd had the faith to know just how incredible the life and mate The Lord had planned for me was going to be, I would have saved myself tons of wasted time, and a lot of heartache.

But all that is water under the bridge.  Times redeemed by my Savior.  Praise God He still shines through broken jars of clay.  All Glory to my Jesus who paid the highest price for this tattered earthen vessel.

But one thing is for sure about love and marriage, you can't do it without Him.  Without His love and guidance.  Without His grace and mercy.  Living with and loving another person until death do us part is an impossible task for a mere human.  Two thoroughly flawed individuals, thrown together, becoming one, does not make a whole and perfect relationship.  Without His redeeming love, I can't fathom how it's possible.

We owe it all to Him and glory to Him.  But I know this, my Sugarpie is one pretty special individual.  He is the one God hand picked for me.  I can't wait to see what the next 20, 30, 40 years or more brings.

Dinner on our overnight anniversary celebration.
Sunset from our ocean view seats at the restaurant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute together! Worth the wait ;)