Sunday, August 20, 2006

Back to the three of us!

On Thursday early morning Robynn left us, and then Friday Rocky's brother and his family left. We are now for the first time in 2 and 1/2 months a family of 3. WOW! We miss everybody but it feels good. We are really enjoying some down time, sort of. It will only be a matter of days before we have some concerts and many other regular ministry responsibilities. Life just never slows down for very long. But I don't think I would have it any other way.

My house is looking good now thanks to Robynn!!! The entryway is beautiful and for Hana's birthday she got a new room! I'll have to post pictures later. It looks so good. and in the living room I finally have decorations on the walls. The place looks lived in now! It only took a year! hahaha There is still plenty more to do, but for now the major traffic areas look great, and I couldn't ask for more.

My computer is acting up, so that is why I haven't posted in a while. For some reason today (so far) it is working. So I have to write as much as I can while I can.

In just 2 days my baby is going to be TWO years old. Where does the time go? She is growing sooooooo fast, and I sometimes want to freeze time and sometime can't wait to see how she grows up. She is so bright and beautiful. So smart, and so fun! But at the same time, sometimes she makes me want to pull my hair out. I know that sounds very familiar to every Mommy. She is becoming two in every way. She wants to do everything by herself and on her times. Often times that is OK with me and I am more than willing to help her learn to do it on her own. But when it comes to potty training and eating, we have our days where I wonder how I am going to survive this.

She is talking sooooooo much right now, but so much of that talk is in Japanese I worry. We surround her with English and Rocky and I speak totally in English only to her, but she insists in many cases on using Japanese. Especially when it comes to verbs. Most of her nouns are English though. So we get some mixed sentences. But in some cases I insist that the uses English and she refuses. Like when she is asking what something is, her phrase is "kore nani" which means "what's this" in Japanese. I won't answer her, and respond ALWAYS with "Hana say what's that." but she will NOT say it. She'll keep asking in Japanese and I keep telling her to say "what's that" and eventually she will just mumble something (as if she is answering herself about what that thing is) and then drops it and goes on to something else. It cracks me UP. She can be so hard headed. I wonder how long it will take for her to really get it. I think she fully understands that I am wanting her to say the other phrase but she just doesn't understand that one is English and one is Japanese yet. Maybe? Maybe she fully understands and just has Mommy totally fooled! I wouldn't be at all surprised if that were the case. Whew, this Mommy stuff gets harder and harder all the time!

So anyways, she's a blast. She's talking a lot right now but I never can recall all the cute things she does when I am sitting her typing. I need to write more consistently so I can catch it all! If I can get this silly keyboard fixed I will. But right now it has already messed up really badly during this typing session so I better close out.

On the workout front, I am doing great. I have reached a nice balance in what I eat, working out and weight. I am steadily at 64 kilo and eating more stuff I stayed totally away from before. I finally am back in the gym now that everyone is gone and I have a ways to go to catch up to the level I was at before. I can't do as much or lift as much but it won't be long.

OK I'm outta here for now.

No comments: