Sunday, November 02, 2008

November, ALREADY!?

Where does the time go!? I am in shock that it is November already. I've been pulling out the long sleeves this week! That little spot on my thumbs that always gets dry in the winter, it appeared this week, and I have been covering up at night and wanting to cuddle with my little bed buddy! Fall/Winter is my FAVORITE time of the year! My favorite things about this time of year (in no particular order)...

1. My XXL sweatshirt! Love it!
2. My pink fuzzy slippers!
3. Warm foods (soups and nabe)
4. Lots of HOT tea!
5. Oatmeal for breakfast!
6. The warmth of the sun!
7. Cuddling with my sugarpie at night!
8. Less laundry (less sweat)!
9. Walking out into the cool evening air after a hard workout at the gym.
10. Japanese spa baths, especially where there is a really hot outdoor bath!
11. Getting back out clothes that I haven't seen in a while!

and I could go on and on!

Well, I must admit, I am so nervous about election week. I want to know what happens, and then I don't! ahhhhhhhhhh

I have a football crazed cousin in the house tonight. Her team (texas tech) played t.u. in the states and she's waiting for iTunes to upload the game so we can watch it. She's staying off the internet in the meantime so she doesn't know who won. I on the other hand, saw a friends status on Facebook a moment ago that gave away the results of that game. So watching the game won't be that fun for me. Not that it was gonna be cause it's the two school I dislike the most, playing against each other. But I haven't seen a football game in a couple years I guess, so it'll be fun to watch.

Let's see, what else is up...

My husband has taken a likin' to the Wii Fit! He's in there sweatin' away as I type! I am soooooooooooooooooo glad we finally got something he enjoys doing. We had a stepper, he did it every now and then. We have a simple elliptical trainer now... he's used it maybe 3 times? And he won't join the gym, don't know how we'd possibly both workout when Hana needs someone at home with her anyways, but still. I'm just so glad he is excercising!

I am now enjoying the wonders of making my own whole grain breads! It is so fun. I have one particular VERY yummy recipe that we keep using over and over again! I love it, and I may wear out my 8 year old bread machine any day now! Wouldn't that be neat cause I'm really wanting a new one!

Oh my goodness Christmas is right around the corner and I am so excited about one present we got for Hana. She loves to pretend to be your server at a restaurant and take orders. We were at a restaurant the other day and they had a little toy display at the checkout counter and she found this little toy that is like a computer-ize order taking machine. Do they have those in the states? Here in Japan they have this machine that has all the menu items on it, and they punch in your order on their little machine and it goes back to the kitchen automatically. She saw that toy one and wanted it sooooooooooo bad! I wanted it for her, but we said no. We never buy toys for her on the spot. I couldn't make it back to that restaraunt to buy the toy without her for several weeks but the other night we stopped in and they still had them. I got her one! I can't wait for her to open it at Christmas! We never get her plastic electronic toys, but this one is special. It just fits her so well. Now we have to come up with one or two more little things for her! I can't come up with anything that is going to be as neat as that little order taker thingy!

So, we will have our Thanksgiving on Monday the 24th here, it's a Japanese holiday anyways, so all us foreigners get together on that day for Thanksgiving. And we want to have a turkey but we are without our resident turkey expert this year. So myself or one other missionary (who has also never baked one) has to make the turkey... hmmmmmmmmm, this could be interesting! To be continued...

Well, I better go, just thought I would ramble on for a while! Rocky is almost done punching a virtual bag on the Wii, and I could do a couple more things before getting ready for bed I guess!

No comments: