Monday, January 19, 2009

All about Kai...

What a whirlwind! But a whirlwind of blessing for sure. Amazing! There is just no way to describe what it has been like. I don't even know where to start.

I had really begun to talk myself out of wanting another one. After all these years of infertility, I have learned (to some extent) to pray for the best but not WANT for anything. Becausing wanting brings with it it's friend discontentment and that leads to heartache and grief, which I've had enough of already! So I was putting aside thoughts of another as much as possible, even though we'd told the agency we were ready for another two years ago.

So imagine our shock and suprise when we got the call. It's really a miracle. I can't even begin to describe how in awe I am of God's grace and mercy. The timing, perfect! The baby, perfect! Everything, perfect! Just like Him, to do this in this way. And He knows how much I love suprises!!!

That morning we were doing our thing around the house and Rocky's cell phone rang. I thought nothing of it, until I noticed the person on the other end was asking our ages. It was then that I began to wonder... "maybe it is a church asking about us coming and wanting to know more about our family? maybe it is another tv show wanting to interview us? maybe..." And then suddenly my heart began to pound and I just KNEW it had to be the adoption agency. Nothing about Rocky's conversation that I could hear on this end mentioned a baby or gave any clue as to who it was, but I just KNEW! And I just started to cry.

I was even more shocked to find out it was a boy. For some reason we just thought we'd have all girls. Picking the names was so hard, and we have still yet to choose a middle name. Someday we'll get around to figuring that out.

He's a wonderful baby. Sleeps well at night, wakes up only to eat and goes right back down again. Eats everything 3 hours almost like clock work! We've seen very little crying. And he is soooooooooo patient. It's amazing. Once he knows you are getting ready to feed him or change his diaper he stops crying and waits! I'm so in love!

So, now we are extra busy and I have no idea how much my blog will suffer as a result of it. But I'll try to keep with Hana's and Kai's blogs very everyone to watch them grow!

Love and blessings from the new mommy of TWO!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for posting, Marla!!! He looked so big and healthy in the pics on his site! YEAH!

Anonymous said...

Let the blog suffer and enjoy all the irreplaceable moments!!
You won't regret that.

Love you!
cherilyn