Friday, February 01, 2008

The Busy Bees...

I think we should just give up on any hope of ever being bored again! We somehow end up being busy all the time, how does that happen???

Anyways, there are lots of things going on around here. It never ends. Our church is going through some important stuff right now, and that has Rocky especially busy since he is on the leadership committee at church are they are having lots of meetings. Our ministry just seems to be trucking along even without lots of concerts at this time of year. And on a personal level we have been trying to spend time with friends.

So now that the cleanse is over, and I hit my goal weight, I am bored when it comes to work out! Soooooo, I decided to mix it up a little tonight. I did my regular 30 minutes cardio on the elliptical trainer, and then I decided to try a Pilates class. I have done a few Pilates workouts here at home that I found for free online (YouTube stuff) and they weren't that difficult. But this class at the gym kicked my BUTT! For as gentle as Pilates is, it REALLY targets some muscles and you hold positions for a LONG time, and those muscles start SCREAMING at you -- LET ME GO, LET ME GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ruthless and hard headed when it comes to doing a workout and won't give in till it's over, so my legs were literally shaking like jello when it was all over. Whew! I am gonna do that class again. It felt really clean and fluid, and my posture would improve without a doubt if I kept that up!

All in all, life is good. OH and my good friend Kiko-chan is in labor right now! Can't wait to meet little George!!!

Gotta run, tomorrow is English Circle.
Yaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great, Marla. I guess you just work on feeling stronger now with the pilates. A different kind of challenge you can "relax" into. Not relax, but you know, you're not having to be focused on the weightloss part, you can just focus on getting through the pilates class.
Congratulations!!
CHer