Sunday, March 11, 2007

7 years and going strong!

On this day, in 2000, I married my sweetheart! I can not believe it has been SEVEN years! At times it seems like it was just a few weeks ago and other times, I can't imagine a me without him. How did I go 24 years without this part of myself???

We had a busy day, but at some point today I thought back to what I was doing 7 years ago today. I got up VERY early the morning of our wedding day to take a long hot bath. Taking a long hot bath was my thing as a single person. I LOVED long hot baths, any time of day, as long as I wanted, because there were no other responsibilities, no one else to take care of or think about. So on that morning it was like my last time to enjoy totally single-person non-responsible time all to myself. Granted, I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning to enjoy it, but I did. Me and my Dr. Pepper and my Bible! It was wonderful. Then I headed off to my hair appointment at 6:30 am and then up to the church. I had plenty of time to put on my make up and hang out with my brides-maids. We took all the pics before the ceremony. The wedding ceremony was AMAZING, even with a few small glitches, the time to greet everyone who came to the wedding and enjoy the cake and fellowship at the reception seemed to just fly by and we were off on our honeymoon. It was by far one of the most incredible days of my life. I didn't have even an ounce of nerves or doubts, just pure and total JOY. I was marrying the man of my dreams!

He is still that today and more. 7 years of marriage have only made me love him more. We have been through so much together. Starting this ministry having no idea where our month to month financial and physical needs would come from. Years of trying to conceive and then the intense and unbelievable wait for our precious daughter. CD projects, national and international concert tours, countless Bible studies and concerts, and more that I can't think of at this late hour.

I'm so thankful for EVERY step of the journey and I so look forward to the future with this amazing man!

Once when I was in my teens and totally frustrated with dating and boys, I asked God to just show me the man He had planned for me in the future. I thought if I could just see a glimpse of his face, know he existed, and be content that he was out there somewhere, it would somehow make all the junk I was going through easier to deal with. I thought it would make the wait easier. I never could have imagined what I would have glimpsed that day if God had shown me. I think it would have blown me away! But today it blows me away because my life is so amazing and my sugarpie is so amazing!

Thank you Lord Jesus! You have totally blessed me above and beyond. I can't imagine what is to come.

No comments: