Sunday, March 04, 2007

I dream WAY too big!!!

but that is totally NOT a bad thing. I think sometimes Rocky wonders what he's gotten himself into though (I don't blame you honey, I'm nuts!). But I always seem to be so far ahead of myself (and everyone else sometimes). I recently looked back on the BIG dreams we had when we first married and I am amazed.

I (and then Rocky) dreamed of building a music ministry where we did concerts ALL over and even had our own CD's. I knew that, through music a powerful impact could be made for the Kingdom of God in Japan. Where are we now? We do about 70 concerts a year, we have 3 CD's out and more to come (as soon as we find the time), and Rocky is active with 3 other bands in ministry as well. We have been all over the US, to New Zealand and Fiji, and all over Japan. In the near future we may be ministering in several other countries as well!

We dreamed of have a studio in our home. Rocky now has all that he needs to produce an entire CD project and has done so for our own Cd's and 4 clients!

We dreamed of owning our own home! We are now living in a wonderful, spacious (by Japan standards) home that God provided in a miraculous way!

We dreamed of making our ministry a 501c3 non-profit organization in the States so that churches and individuals could send us their support. That is now a reality!

I could think of many more now that are happening, have happened, or will happen soon. There are very few visions that I've had that didn't come to pass. That is NOT to say that I am in any way responsible for them happening. It is all because I believe God gave us those visions and they happened because HE made them happen! He is so amazing and so full of grace and mercy.

We started our marriage with VERY little, and these dreams all seemed impossible when we looked at our situation back then. Now I look at where we are and what we do and it's like, "OF COURSE! God can do anything!"

My dreaming never stops. And I have learned now what are the dreams I dream out of ME and what are the ones that come from God! The dreams and visions from Him are different, somehow. Some HUGE things are going to happen in the near future. Get ready for quite a ride! God is just getting started.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

finally, I read your latest newsletter update! I can't believe it has been so long since I actually sat down and read one. I feel like I've just forgotten. Your daughter is beautiful and BIG! I can't believe she is 2-and-a-half already!? That is amazing.

Your writing sounds happy, content, exited and ready and willing to follow whatever God has planned for you. that is so encouraging and special!

I hope that your days continue to be bright and filled with wonderful reasons to praise our Lord!

~Shawna